Create a New Special Pay Element
If your Special Pay Element does not give employees 10 days, you may need to create a new Special Pay Element that meets the Holidays Act and your employment agreements requirements or you may be able to replace your Special Pay Element with the SICK-ENT standard element.
- Setup > Pay Elements > Leave > Add > select Leave Entitlement
- Type in your new Leave Entitlement Code > [Use caps i.e. SICK-ENT 10]
- Description is your new Sick Entitlement Rule > [i.e. Sick 10 days @ 3 mth / max 30]
- Leave Type > Select Sick
- Entitlement Rules
- Start (Year - Month) > Enter when you want your sick leave to commence (legislatively this has to be at 6 months, but you can give it earlier). The system will use the Start date from the Personal Details or the Override Start Date in the TimeSheet Template to calculate an anniversary.
- Frequency (Year - Month) > Enter how often your entitlement will be given (legislatively is has to be 12 months after the first 6 month anniversary, but you can give it earlier).
- Ent. Due (days) > Enter how many days your entitlement gives on each anniversary
- Max. Ent (days) > Enter the maximum number of days you can accumulate of sick leave (legislatively is has to be 20, but you can give more)
- Basis for Hours Accrual > None
- Amount Accrual > 0.00%
- Replace the old Pay Element with your new Pay Element in your Timesheet Templates
Replacing your Pay Elements Help Guide - Click Here
Review Your New Person Defaults
- Setup > Organisation > New Person Default Values
- Select your new Special Pay Element or (no Default - Select when adding a new employee) if you have multiply rules.
Please phone our Helpdesk for guidance and assistance with setting up Special Pay Elements.