Important: If you require helpdesk assistance outside of our normal hours of 8:00am to 5:00pm, Monday to Friday, see the Emergency After Hours Support article.
This article is a quick guide to setting up two-factor authentication (2FA):
- Step 1 - Get the App
- Step 2 - Scan the QR Code
- Step 3 - Enter the Verification Code
- General Information
- Download and install an authenticator app for your smartphone, tablet or desktop.
See the following sections for information on some of the more common third-party authenticator apps:
Scanning the QR code creates an iPayroll 2FA account in your authenticator app.
Important: Make sure your device has the correct time before scanning the code!
- If you can't already see the iPayroll Two Factor Authentication page, in iPayroll, select your 'Logged in as your username' hyperlink at the top right of the page, next to the Logout, and select the Two Factor Authentication page.
- Open the authenticator app and scan the QR code using your phone or tablet's camera.
Note: If you can't scan the QR code, select the I can't scan the QR code button to display the time-based key.
Manually create the account in your authenticator app using the time-based key and an account name (for example, your iPayroll username).
Once the QR code is scanned, your authenticator app will generate a 6-digit verification code.
Hint: The verification code regenerates every 30 seconds.
Most authenticator apps indicate how many seconds are left before the code changes. If the code is about to change, wait until it changes to the new code, to give yourself plenty of time to enter the code into iPayroll.
- Enter the 6-digit verification code in the Verification code field and select Confirm.
Note: You need to select Confirm before the code regenerates.
Now, each time you log into iPayroll, after you have entered your username and password, you will enter the latest 6-digit code from your authenticator app.
For more detailed instructions on setting up 2FA, see the following articles:
- Detailed Set up of Two-Factor Authentication
- Detailed Set up of Two-Factor Authentication to Access the Kiosk on a Smartphone
The articles for the common third-party authenticator apps contain more detailed instructions specific to each of those authenticator apps:
Note: Please refer to the terms and conditions provided by the companies that own the authenticator apps and iPayroll's Disclaimer Notice: Use of Third-Party Software or Websites.