Notification from Ministry of Justice to deduct Courts Deduction
You will have received a notification from Ministry of Justice to deduct an amount each pay for one of your employees. You are required to do this by law. Check the details of the Employee name and their date of birth, if it is incorrect you will need to contact Ministry of Justice. The date you must start deducting is stated on the notice. The payment is included as part of the banking files each payroll.
In the Payday that you have been instructed to begin deductions, you will need to add this to their Timesheet Template as a permanent deduction:
- People > View People select the Employee's name.
- In the Timesheet Template
- Enter 1 in the Green Qty box.
- Select the Element CRTS - Courts - Ministry of Justice from the drop down menu
- Enter the amount to deduct each pay in the Rate box
- + Add
- In Balance * enter the total Amount owed to Ministry of Justice from the notice
- In Bank Account * enter the account as it appears on the Order
- In Payee Reference * enter the Last name, first initial of your employee
- In Payee Code * enter the P########## as it appears on the Order
- In Destination Account Name enter Ministry of Justice
When you open the pay, the deduction will be taken.
If you already have a pay open select deduct now to activate the deduction on the current timesheet.