Notification from IRD to deduct Child Support Deduction
You will have received a notification from IRD to deduct an amount each pay for one of your employees. You are required to do this by law. Check the details of the payday and pay period on the notice, if it is incorrect you will need to contact IRD. They can amend the amounts to deduct during the year. Child Support has priority over any other deductions after you deduct PAYE. The date you must start deducting is stated on the notice. iPayroll reports the deductions to IRD as part of the payday filing.
In the Payday that you have been instructed to begin deductions, you will need to add this to their Timesheet Template as a permanent deduction:
- People > View People select the Employee's name.
- In the Timesheet Template
- Enter 1 in the Green Qty box.
- Select the Element CSD - Child Support Deduction from the drop down menu
- Enter the amount to deduct each pay in the Rate box
- + Add
When you open the pay, the deduction will be taken. If you already have a pay open select deduct now to activate the deduction on the current timesheet.