A casual employee is an intermittent or irregular employee that does not accrue 4 weeks' paid annual holidays. The holiday pay must be shown as a separate line on their payslip each time it is paid to them. Minimum Wage does NOT include the 8%, it is to be paid as well as the minimum hourly rate.
To Edit an Employee Timesheet Template
- People > View People select the Employee's name.
- In their Timesheet Template
- Remove the AL20 element, click on 'AL20-Annual Leave (4 weeks pa)' and scroll down > select Remove.
- Enter 1 in the Green Qty box. Select the Element HP8 – Casual Holiday Pay (8%) from the drop down menu.
- + Add.
When you open the pay this employee will have HP8% added to the Gross Earnings.
If you already have a pay open you will need to remove the existing Timesheet and replace with the new template.
- In the Timesheet Entry scroll to the bottom of the screen select the red remove key.
- You will then be asked if you want to ADD this employee back into the payroll, select + ADD.
- You should have a new Timesheet with the HP8% line.
If the hourly rate in the Employment Agreement includes the HP8% divide it by 108 and multiple it by 100 to get the correct rate for the Personal Details page.
If you have already paid this employee and they have accrued annual leave in error, you will need to pay them the holiday pay that has been calculated. Please contact our helpdesk once you have edited the employees template and you have an open pay.
Please don’t hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org