Businesses have expressed interest in paying their employees their full salaries, but would like a way to track the payments outside of their employees' normal salary payments for the lockdown period.
If you would like to do this, we recommend setting up a special leave element.
If you are unable to pay your employees their usual pay, you must undertake best endeavours to pay employees 80% of their pre-Covid salary. See the I want to pay my employee 80% of their usual pay. How do I set that up in iPayroll? article.
If you are unable to pay your employees 80% of their pre-Covid salary, you must pass on the subsidy. See How do we set up the government subsidy in iPayroll for a full-time employee? and How do we set up the government subsidy in iPayroll for a part-time employee? for further information.
Note: To easily follow any instructions in our Help Guide using this leave element, we recommend you make the Leave Taken Code 'COVID-19 100' as in the example below.
The payment for 100% of wages will be entered as a leave element in order for the payment to appear correctly on your employee's payslip.
Before you can do that, you need to set up a Leave Balance Name.
- In iPayroll, select Setup > Organisation.
The Organisation Details page displays.
- Select the Leave Balance Names sub-menu.
The Leave Balance Names page displays.
- Select +Add to add a special leave balance.
- Complete the fields as per the screenshot below:
- Select the blue tick to add the leave balance name.
You should now have a special leave balance:
In order for the payment to appear correctly on your employee's payslip, a leave element needs to be created.
- In iPayroll, select Setup > Pay Elements.
The Payments page displays.
- Select the Leave sub-menu.
The Leave page displays.
- Select the +Add button, then Add Leave Taken.
The Leave Details page displays.
- In the Basic Details section, complete as per the screenshot below:
- In the Leave Type section, complete as per the screenshot below:
- Select Save.
The Leave Element is added to the Active Special Leave table.
To find out how to apply this leave element to a timesheet, so your employee receives their normal salary but identified as a COVID-19 payment, see I want to pay my employee their normal salary but treat it as a COVID-19 payment. How do I set that up in iPayroll?.