This article covers how to use WinAuth on your Windows desktop computer. These instructions are based on Release Version 3.5.1.
Important: Make sure your desktop computer is automatically synchronised to internet time.
You may need administration rights to change the date and time settings of your desktop computer.
Note: Please refer to WinAuth's terms and conditions, and iPayroll's Disclaimer Notice: Use of Third-Party Software or Websites.
First, You Need to Download the .EXE File to Your Windows Desktop Computer
Select the image below to install the program:
Once the WinAuth.exe file is saved to your computer, you can then set up two-factor authentication (2FA).
- Double-click the WinAuth.exe to open WinAuth.
- Select Add, then Authenticator.
WinAuth displays the Add Authenticator window.
- In the Name field, enter your account name (for example, your iPayroll username).
- In Step 1., enter the 16-character time-based key or paste the time-based key from iPayroll.
Note: The time-based key is under the QR code in iPayroll. In iPayroll, select I can't scan the QR code to display the time-based key.
Note: If you can't already see the iPayroll Two Factor Authentication page, in iPayroll, select your 'Logged in as your username' hyperlink at the top right of the page, next to the Logout, and select the Two Factor Authentication page.
- In Step 2., make sure Time-based is selected.
- In Step 3., select Verify Authenticator.
WinAuth displays a the 6-digit verification code in Step 4. The verification code regenerates every 30 seconds.
- Enter OK.
Note: If this is the first time you have added an account to WinAuth, you will be required to set some sort of protection, for example, a password.
- In the Password field, enter a password.
- In the Verify field, re-enter the password.
- Select OK.
WinAuth displays the account.
Note: You will need to enter the password to open the WinAuth.exe from this point onward.
Note: WinAuth only displays the latest code for 20 seconds. Then the code appears as 6 dashes.
Note: If a 6-digit code is not displayed, select the circular arrow to see the latest code.
Note: WinAuth indicates how many seconds are left before the code expires by showing a countdown clock. If you don't have time to enter and confirm the code, as there are not many seconds left, wait until the code regenerates and use the latest code.
Hint: Right-click the account and select Copy Code to copy the 6-digit code to your Clipboard.
- In WinAuth, right-click the account you want to remove.
- Select Delete.
- Select Yes to remove the account.