Use these instructions to set up two-factor authentication if you access the Kiosk using a smartphone.
Note: If you do not access the Kiosk via smartphone, see Detailed Set up of Two-Factor Authentication.
Note: If you have installed the iPayroll Kiosk app, you still need to log into the iPayroll Kiosk using your preferred smartphone browser in order to set up two-factor authentication (2FA).
Once 2FA is set up, you will then be able to log into the iPayroll Kiosk app with 2FA.
Note: For a more condensed version of setting up two-factor authentication, see the Quick Set Up Guide for Two-Factor Authentication article.
This article covers:
- How to get to the 2FA setup page
- Setting up 2FA using the time-based key and your username
- Logging into iPayroll once 2FA is enabled
- Related articles
These instructions assume you have at least completed the process of setting up a password in iPayroll, and have an authenticator app installed on your smartphone.
For instructions on downloading and using some of the more common authenticator apps, see Third Party Authenticator Apps.
Note: Please refer to the terms and conditions provided by the companies that own the authenticator apps and iPayroll's Disclaimer Notice: Use of Third-Party Software or Websites.
If you are new to iPayroll:
- You need to activate your Kiosk login and set your password. See Activate your Payslip Kiosk Account for instructions on activating your Kiosk login.
Note: If 2FA is compulsory for you as a user, you will be required to set up 2FA during the activation process.
As a user, 2FA can be optional or made compulsory by your employer.
If 2FA is compulsory for you as a user, when you attempt to log into iPayroll, the Two Factor Authentication page will display as part of the login process.
If 2FA is optional, you can set your 2FA once you have logged into iPayroll.
Access the Two Factor Authentication page once logged into iPayroll
- Log into the Kiosk from your smartphone.
- Select the Profile icon.
The Details tab of your profile displays.
- Select the 2FA tab.
- In the 2FA tab in the Kiosk, the time-based key is displayed.
- Either write down the 16-character code or copy the code using your smartphone's copy option.
Note: If you write down the time-based key, make sure you either dispose of the written copy once you have set up 2FA, or keep the written code in a safe place.
- Open the authenticator app on your smartphone.
- In your authenticator app, manually enter the time-based key and your username, or a name that clearly identifies this account, to set up an account.
Note: See Third Party Authenticator Apps for instructions on adding manual accounts into some of the more common smartphone apps.
- In iPayroll, in the Verification code field, overtype the Enter the 6-digit code from Authenticator text with the 6-digit verification code as displayed in your authenticator app.
Note: The verification code regenerates every 30 seconds.
- Select Confirm.
A success message displays confirming two-factor authentication is now enabled.
Note: If you enter an invalid verification code at Step 5, when you select Confirm, an error is displayed. The time-based key is refreshed at this time.
Because the time-based key has changed, you need to remove the iPayroll account from your authenticator app and start again from Step 2, above.
The articles for the common Third Party Authenticator Apps include instructions on removing an account from the authenticator app.
Note: Each time you log into iPayroll from now on, you will see the Two factor is enabled page. Enter the latest 6-digit verification code from your authenticator app.
Note: If you believe your device, which contains your authenticator app, has been compromised, we recommend you reset your two-factor authentication. See Disable or Reset Two-Factor Authentication in the Kiosk on a Smartphone.
- Go to iPayroll Login.
- In the Username field, enter your username.
- In the Password field, enter your password.
- Select Login.
The Two factor authentication is enabled page displays.
- In the Authentication code field, enter the latest 6-digit verification code from your authenticator app.
- Select Verify.
The login process is complete.