User Defined Groups allows you to choose your own sort field for your people and access your Organisation's iPayroll Organisation. Once you have set up your user defined groups, you can record them against each person by going to their Personal Details.
- Used for location, branch, department, sorting payslips, multi-user security and sorting reports.
- Only one User Defined Group field available.
- Maintained on each person's main Personal Details page.
Groups to define access
As with any system, security is essential. This is not just to protect data but to encourage users to submit it.
Set up “Groups” to define user access and/or system performance, e.g. Sort options
- Go to Setup > Groups and Enable User defined Groups.
- Give your Groups a descriptive label, something like Reports to, Location or Team or for this example: User Defined Groups Label = Location.
- Add your Groups. For this example:
Code = 100 - Description = Wellington,
200 - Auckland
300 - ChristchurchEach “Group” is where access is defined for users to grant them access to areas of the payroll e.g. to receive leave request emails.
4. Enable access control
When you have more than one group, if you select a group, you can enable access control.
The approver side is where you set who gets the leave request emails for those assigned to that “Group”.
The Access side is where you can add or remove the users to that group.
5. On each person's Personal Details, select the relevant Group the person reports to.
Adding a new user with restricted access to certain Groups
After you have set up your groups, you will then be able to add a new user to your iPayroll Organisation and assign access at the same time.
1. Go to Setup > Users
2. Select +Add