Things to think about before adding users to your iPayroll Organisation
1. There are two different types of users in iPayroll.
Organisation Users who manage the payroll and Payslip Kiosk Users. For Payslip Kiosk User information please refer to the iPayroll help menu Payslip Kiosk articles.
2. The main iPayroll Organisation user.
The main user is the first 5 digit Username automatically created when you sign up to iPayroll.
- This Username can never be deleted.
- This Username is the only user that has the ability to add and delete users to your iPayroll Organisation.
3. User defined Groups.
If you would like to limit user access to certain people in your payroll, you will need to set up user defined groups first.
Go to the Setup menu then select Groups. Add in each different Group structured to your Organisation e.g. where or who the staff report to, departments or different Managers.
Set up Users in iPayroll
Their are many different levels of access (detailed below) that you can assign a user to your iPayroll Organisation. Options range from full access to leave approver only access, view only access, to data entry no salaries access.
The iPayroll Training Centre sample company has the following Groups set up to define user access. These Groups are used in the Access examples:
- AK-M (Auckland - Management)
- AK-S (Auckland - Staff)
- CH-M (Christchurch - Management)
- CH-S (Christchurch - Staff)
- HO (Head Office)
- WN-M (Wellington - Management)
- WN-S (Wellington - Staff)
- Paymaster - Full access to those assigned to the Groups you assign the user access to.
- Enquiry Only - View only access to the Groups you give the user access to.
- Leave Approvals Only - Leave approver only users have access to those assigned to their Groups. This access allows them to add/approve/decline leave requests and view leave balances and a leave calendar. This access does not allow the user to view the employee details or pay details.
- Leave Approvals and Full Enquiry - Full access to those assigned to their Groups. This access allows the user to add/approve/decline leave requests, and view employee details and pay details.
- Leave Approvals and Data Entry (No Salaries)
- Enquiry Only (No Salaries) - View only access to the Groups you give the user access to.
- Data Entry (No Salaries)
- Pay Enquiry
- Pay Enquiry (No Salaries)
- Timelog Approvals
- Timelog Approvals and Full Enquiry
- Timelog Approvals and Leave Approvals