Sick / Special Leave is very easy for you to administer, with flexibility available to cater for differing requirements.
- Sick / Special Leave Entitlements (e.g. SICK-ENT) set up the rules that apply to sick/special leave (e.g. give 10 days every year, after 6 months).
- People are given the appropriate Entitlement on their Timesheet Template.
- Any Opening Balances are recorded.
- Sick/Special Leave Taken can be recorded on the person's timesheet.
- This updates the person's Leave Balances.
- Leave History is also updated, providing a convenient view of leave taken.
- Detailed Leave Balances are also held, for those times when you need to understand exactly how a figure has been arrived at:
Setting up Sick/Special Leave
You will need to set up special leave entitlement rules (unless a standard entitlement applies), enter any Opening Balances and check your figures.
Ensure that they have the correct leave entitlement code on their Timesheet Template.
Taking Sick/Special Leave
Record SICK on the person's timesheet, using either the timesheet entry or the Leave History page.
Note that when recording Sick leave you may be required to enter the number of days to deduct off the person's balance, in addition to the number of hours to pay. (This extra information is required for part time staff where details of their exact working patterns aren't recorded).
To record Unpaid Sick Leave, use SICK-LWOP instead. (Alternatively, you could simply reduce the number of Paid hours and not record any leave. Refer to SICK-LWOP for more details on these options).
Sick/Special Anniversaries / Rollover
These will occur at the appropriate times, giving a new entitlement and updating balances.