Enable the Top Up Allowance Upload tool
Go to Setup > Organisation > Defaults to turn this tool on. See here: Organisation Defaults
Top up a person's normal pay to a minimum wage
This clever tool is to enable employers to pay staff correctly and meet employer obligations under the minimum wage requirements, thus avoiding any potential conflicts with staff or penalties with MBIE and IRD.
This tool is particularly relevant for the Rural sector or for notional salary or wages paid to staff who work additional hours and inadvertently get paid less than the legal minimum wage for the hours they have actually worked in a period.
This tool enables employers to easily top up a person's normal pay to a minimum wage amount, calculated on the hours they have actually worked. When you enter the actual hours worked, it calculates correctly to ensure the minimum wage requirements are being met. It also gives you the ability to top up each person's pay to ensure they are not being underpaid.
Using the Top Up Allowance Upload tool
1. Go to Payroll > 2.Enter > then submenu Top Up Upload
2. Set the rate you would like to top up each person's pay then select the button set rate. The default rate is set to NZ minimum wage.
3. Enter the number of hours each person has actually worked in the period you are paying (not including leave hours).
4. Select Calculate to calculate the top up allowance for each person.
5. Select Upload Top Up on Timesheet to add the top up allowance to the person.
You can add the top up allowance actual hours worked at a zero rate so you have a historical record of actual hours each person works each pay period.